Driving in Belgrade and Serbia makes one insane, we all know that. There are rules but who is respecting them and who takes care that they are respected? The police?
I drive every day lots of kilometers especially in the city and I must say that it is getting worse instead of better. First of all there are all cars that are black and have tainted glass, wear the brand BMW or Audi (more then A4) who don't respect any rule. They drive too fast, overtake right, drive on lanes which are forbidden or go to the left or right without using an indicator.
What is it that people in these cars drive like that? Do they think they are more powerfull?
And why do I (and probably you) see those mistakes dozens of times per day and not once during 4 years I have seen a policeman stopping such a law-breaker.
The lolly-pop police obviously has not the power to do so? At least that's what I have to understand as I see many mistakes made in front of them. But nothing happens.
Driving on tramways is forbidden as far as I know but when the que on the regular lane is more then 3 cars others use the tramway to be even faster. Few days ago I saw such an example on KraljaAleksandra/Ruzveltova. Two cars (no taxi's) were on the tramway thereby overtaking 10-12 cars on the normal lane. And amongst that a policecar, right in front of me! No reaction at all. When most of the traffic had past the green light I was third in line with another car in front of me and before that the police car. And even then a car tried to overtake at the tramway lane. But...hahahahahahaha....there was me! I put my car half on the tramway so that the other car could not overtake. And guess what? The guy started to make a scene. With the police car clearly and visible in sight. You think the police acted? Nothing at all. I really wonder sometimes why the police is here! I wish they would privatise parts of the police work as they did in the Netherlands with for instance giving parking tickets. I would by now be a multi millionaire AND would have taken care for a better respecting of rules. Do you know that in Serbia there are 10 times MORE accidents then the average in the rest of Europe?
Sunday, 30 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment