Thursday, 23 August 2007

handbags

An article about handbags here? Well, yes because I just wanted to share with all guests my feelings about it! Women wear handbags all the time. That's needed since they have a lot of things to carry with them. Make-up, a mirror, mobile phone and all kind of other small female things. We are all used to that and also to the fact that in Serbia you need to put a bag never on the ground as you will then loose all your money. Or something like that. That's also the reason that very often we have to provide extra chairs to a group of people so they can put their bags on it. A habit I never understood the more because I lived 45 years in the Netherlands and people never lost money when they put a bag on the ground. But ok it's a habit. Another "new" phenomenon is the fact that men carry small handbags (in American: a purse)! I personally have a very fashionable "Elefunk" from Jansport (yes, yes!) which you can hold in your hand but normally wear it over your shoulder. But I see nowadays a lot of man with really small handbags. Ok, a phone fits in there and make up and a mirror. But do men use these latter articles? I wouldn't say so. The handbags I see are to small to carry A4 documents so I really wonder what they have in it. Can someone tell me what it is?

No comments: